Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Blogging Blues

I've got the blogging blues!

It has been an interesting last couple of weeks for me. I've been off work sick with 'the flu' for the last ten days. I was planning to get a medical clearance to fly agan today, but now I've gone and broken my little toe, which means I'm hobbling around and still can't fly for another few days yet. To top it off, all the drugs I have been taking for being sick and now the anti-biotics and anti-inflammatories for upset my stomach and I've been spending a lot of time hobbling down to the toilet (Sorry, you probably didn't care to know that:-()

I hate being sick (or injured). I just don't feel like doing anything, except lying on the couch, reading a book, or watching DVDs and TV. Hence, I haven't posted anything for almost two weeks. I haven't picked up my camera. I haven't been visiting all my blog friends to read what they have been up to. I've just been feeling sorry for myself.

I hate being grounded and not being able to fly. Flying is like an addiction. When ever I'm not up there, I want to be up there. Like Michael Angelo said:

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been, and there you long to return"

So, I'm sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like to be. Hopefully soon I'll be back to blogging full swing.

Mimi, I still love your idea about Dona nobis pacem, and I have been planning to write a full post about it since your email to me. Hopefully I'll get over my blues shortly and get onto it...

6 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Aww, get well soon, Rhys! I hope that the tummy and the little toe go back to normal as speedily as possible so you can get back to your fantastic workplace in the sky. :-D

(And get back to blogging, too!)

10/16/2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Hi Rhys. Hope you recover quickly and return to flying soon. The Michaelangelo quote is interesting: how did he know about flying?

10/17/2006 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. Perhaps we can commiserate over our Blogging Blues.

10/17/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Rhys...I'm so sorry you've been sick and injured. Just gets lots of rest and you'll be back to flying and blogging in no time. We all miss ya though!

10/18/2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Terra Shield said...

get well soon!

10/18/2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are back on your feet soon, Rhys. Or should I call you "Speed Racer"? We miss you and your essential Rhys-ness that enriches the blogosphere.

10/19/2006 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Back to the top (not the future)