Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Smoking Fry - McGoodness???

I have just watched the movie Super Size Me again. If you have ever wanted a reason to stop or cut back on eating fast food such as McDonalds, then watch this movie.

Super Size Me is a documentary directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock, who goes on a quest to eat nothing but McDonalds for 30 days to see if eating fast food is in fact good for you. During this time he has to eat three square meals of McDonalds per day, have every item on the menu at least once, and if McDonalds doesn't sell it, he can't eat it. Also, if he is asked if he wants to 'super size', he has to say yes. He is also only allowed to exercise the same amount as the 'average American' does. At the beginning of the 30 day period he undergoes several health checks and then compares them regularly during the 30 days. The results? Let's just say it is enough to put you off eating McDonalds for a while.

If you went to see this movie at the theatre, you may have missed 'The Smoking Fry'. This is an extra scene available on the DVD edition. I found a copy of it on YouTube for your viewing pleasure. My question is 'How much preservative do these fries contain?'




This movie is enough to inspire me to eat healthily and exercise regularly. If I was a movie critic I would rate Super Size Me a 9/10.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. A tremendous reaction in the States to Super Size Me. I don't think my daughter will ever eat there again. I have eaten too much McDonalds at some point in my life. Thankfully, not recently.

10/01/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Yes, but we have a choice. That's what's wonderful. He may have been the one to make "supersize" a bad name. But the thing is, me and my husband always supersize because we just like to share instead of ordering full amounts. Choice.

10/01/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Reeholio said...

When we do have McD's, my wife and I buy a larger size (but not super) for the same reason. Fast food is alright if you only have it once in a while, but the 'huge' number of people that have it every day is disgraceful. I think that is the point he was trying to get across.

10/01/2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Yaxlich said...

Yaxlich is somewhat shocked. Although he knows that eating McD's is not good for him, he does enjoy a Big Mac every now and then. Having seen the fries, though, he is seriously reconsidering ever ordering them again.

Interestingly his word verification is elxlsizo which he believes is "an extra size" in Spanish.

10/02/2006 3:39 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

It's a great movie, Rhys. If you have not read 'Fast Food Nation', I recommend it because it's the real dirt on McDonalds and the rest.
PS: I am pleased to say you are now linked to my site.

10/02/2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Reeholio said...

That's a worry Yaxlich!

Thanks for the book suggestion Bazza. I have seen that book but have not read it yet. I will add to my 'to read' list. Cheers

10/03/2006 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Back to the top (not the future)