Sunday, January 14, 2007

Summer Holiday

This year for my summer holiday, my wife, son and I drove up to the top of the Coromandel Peninsula where my wife's uncle owns a farm. From there, we spent the week scuba diving off Little Bay, walking around the farm, and relaxing in the sun.

When we went away I chose not to take my laptop, so I could not spent anytime in front of the computer (I often do spent too much time!). We also never turned the television on, so we instead spent the evenings sitting around having a few drinks, talking and telling tall stories.

Although in my last post I talked about the top five party spots to spend New Years eve at, I'm afraid I wasn't near any of them. Instead New Years eve was a barbecue and a few quiet drinks with family and friends. A peaceful but enjoyable way to start 2007 in New Zealand.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! he´s back =)
Sounds like a wonderful holiday. I confess I´m a bit jealous about the scuba diving... but just a tiny little bit!
It´s so nice to hear you´ve had a great time!

1/17/2007 5:16 AM  
Blogger Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

Rhys, you have a very intriguiging blog. It's great to see a link to a NZ blogger highlighted on Uttam's blog.

1/21/2007 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Isn't that funny that it's summer there? Right now it's freezing in Pennsylvania. I wish I were where you are.

1/27/2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Quite an interesting Blog mate I have bookmarked it I have flown there a couple of times from OZ and enjoyed myself a lot; and the scenery is something else again.
Mine is ok I guess being so close to the tropic of Capricorn but yours especially in the South Island I found real beaut great images for sure.

2/24/2007 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very find blog, and your holidays seems to be fantastic and so relaxing, I just want to do like you !

4/30/2007 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an awfully long holiday Rhys. Where's my young protege?

...BB

7/11/2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger Reeholio said...

...Suffering from a severe case of low motivation to update this and my other blogs. Not given up, just on a 'long holiday' as you say. I hope to be back in the swing of it soon. In fact, I'm thinking of writing an article titled "Motivation, depression and Balance."

Thanks for stopping by BB.

7/12/2007 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic holiday
i will try do that

8/13/2007 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Back to the top (not the future)